Sunday 12 February 2012

Inspirations!


It's been minus three today, and with the snow, frost and wind, it would have been a lovely day to have a fire!
Instead, I've been finding inspiration, and buying supplies for my next projects. It's strange the things that inspire you. Especially when it's so gloomy outside!
I love lights. The city lights, fairy lights, candles...today has been pretty dark all day, but when the lights come on, it feels like a different world.
 Spring Weddings!
It's a bit strange to be thinking of the springtime while its so cold and frosty, but now that its February it's only a matter of time until the flowers start to bloom, and the days get warmer!
I love the Spring, and I'm not the only one. Spring weddings are hugely popular, and will definately feature in my future projects. There is some stunning Spring Wedding inspiration to be had, too.

I love the strong contrast in wedding themes, too. On the one side there is pretty flowers, pastel colours and scruffy updos - a romantic feel that is all about the pretty season. On the other, dark lipstick, strong contrasts and a vintage feel which is just stunning. I don't know how I'd choose between them!
Food
Now that the excesses of Christmas are forgotten, and Valentines Day and Easter approach, food is a big topic. From cupcakes (which I've been baking for weeks) to sweets and even three-course meals (tonight we've got roast potatoes, yorkshire puds and beef. Yummy!) its a topic that is on everyone's mind.
I'm definately planning something incorporating the colors and textures of sweets with the art of cake decorating - and afternoon tea is inspiring at the moment, too. 

What colors and trends are you loving? Perhaps you'll inspire my next design!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More